Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Miniatures to prime when the weather turns warm

Miniatures to prime when the weather turns warm

The weather is too cold to prime these days and the minis in need of priming have been piling up. Amongst these are hobgoblin reinforcements, hellhouds, saracens, undead, harpies, giants, adventurers, and various beasts and monsters. Honestly cleaning, fixing and restoring figures is not my favorite part of the hobby. Much of these have been languishing in various "on the workbench" trays. In some cases as I was sorting through them I had the thought, why did I choose to start on this particular miniature out of the thousands unstarted? Most of these I look forward to painting, however, especially the harpies, hobgoblins and that big giant.

3 comments:

  1. Some great stuff there! I have that RP giant and love the Brian Froud look to him. My only regret is that I painted mine before discovering the merits of using black lining to enhance the shadows between things so he looks a little washed out.
    I am looking forward to seeing those hobgoblins painted too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You never know, that giant is cool enough to paint twice and you might spot one on ebay some time....

      Delete
    2. Or just drop him in some Simple Green and repaint him.

      Delete