Saturday, June 2, 2018

Talisman Swashbuckler, Sprite and Gipsy

I continue the Talisman series with three new figures to share.
Talisman Swashbuckler

Talisman Swashbuckler
Talisman Swashbuckler

Talisman Swashbuckler
The Swashbuckler sculpt is spot on, except he has no mustache.  I have to wonder if it was sculpted and fell off during the molding process. I'm pretty certain this has happened on other figures I have  that have half a mustache, as the only way I can think this could have happened was that the other half fell off at some point. And it makes sense that it would fall off, being a tiny bit of greenstuff sitting atop a smooth surface, probably added after the rest of the face was cured.

I sculpted a new one from greenstuff and thought that letting it stick out away from the face would add a bit of dimensionality that a straight casting couldn't offer. Thin greenstuff is usually flexible and durable after curing. I've sculpted cords with it that are thin and remain flexible after painting. But the mustache here turned out brittle, broke, and had to be glued. End result looks good, though.

Another feature I worked to bring out in the figure is the arrogant way he is literally looking down his nose at his opponent.

Talisman Sprite

Talisman Sprite
Talisman Sprite

Talisman Sprite

Talisman Gipsy

Talisman Gipsy
Talisman Gipsy

Talisman Gipsy


No comments:

Post a Comment